It takes a special person to be a great Caregiver. Care, compassion, excellent workmanship qualities and the ability to treat seniors with dignity and respect are the
primary attributes of our caregivers (homecare aides). Our caregivers need to be empathetic and understand the situation of the senior as their own loved one.
Caregiver responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- personal care
- grooming & dressing
- housekeeping & laundry
- escort to appointments
- meal preparation for others in the clients household
- housekeeping/laundry for non-clients in the home
- purchase tobacco
- purchase alcohol
- purchase lottery tickets
At UMAS our employees are our assets and we go out of our way to make them feel special. Caregivers can claim certain benefits
as a part of the Universal Metro Care and Chore team,
Caregivers are entitled to the following benefits:
- Rigorous pre service training to make Caregivers feel comfortable in their job
- Periodic in service trainings to keep up with current trends
- A detailed Plan of Care limiting the scope of work at the senior’s home
- Caregivers that work more than 20 hours per week are entitled to health insurance
Beyond these benefits any person willing to join as a Caregiver has a lot to look forward to. Our workforce is our extended family.
The only way to figure out more is to join the family!